Colleges in Pittsburgh, Universities & Community Colleges"What colleges are in Pittsburgh?"
Some notable colleges and universities include:
- University of Pittsburgh (Oakland)
- Carnegie Mellon University (Oakland / Squirrel Hill)
- Duquesne University: (Uptown / Bluff)
- Robert Morris University (Moon Twp.)
- La Roche College (North Hills)
- Carlow University (Oakland)
- Chatham University (Shadyside)
- Point Park University (Downtown)
- Geneva College (Beaver Falls, PA)
- Indiana University (Indiana, PA)
- Grove City College (Grove City, PA)
- Slippery Rock University (Slippery Rock, PA)
- Washington & Jefferson College (Washington, PA)
- Waynesburg University (Waynesburg, PA)
- St. Vincent College (Latrobe, PA)
- Seton Hill University (Greensburg, PA)
Pittsburgh is well known for it's world-class universities, top colleges and affordable community colleges. The city itself boasts several of these universities, but the surrounding areas in western Pennsylvania contain even more. The following list provides overviews of these 4-year colleges and universities, along with area community colleges and local branch campuses of Pitt and Penn State. Easily find and compare colleges in Pittsburgh based on tuition, enrollment and notable majors offered.
Note that trade schools are not included in this list, but Trade Schools in Pittsburgh can be found in a separate list on this website. There is also a separate list of Community Colleges in Pennsylvania, but the local community colleges near Pittsburgh are already included in the list.
Whether you are from the area, or looking to relocate to Pittsburgh, there has never been a better time to attend college in or near Pittsburgh! There is truly something for everyone, no matter your budget or interests. The colleges vary greatly in size and selectivity. Some are located in the heart of the city and others in the quiet, rolling countryside. Use the guide below to find the right college for you!